Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Wave

I was glad to hear that some librarians and information workers had begun exploring the possibilities of Google Wave, but unfortunately I can't join in, as the interactivity causes it to be blocked by our ICT settings (no chat, etc).

I don't particularly want to work from home on this, and if I go down to Starbucks (where it isn't blocked) I would have to work on the netbook, which has a screen too small to satisfactorily experience Wave's benefits I suspect (see Comment from Chrissie in previous post).

Still, being well-informed information workers they pointed me to The Complete Guide to Google Wave: How to Use Google Wave

I can't check out these wave links from here, but you could try a UK Librarians' wave, or this maybe or perhaps this - will check out links when I get somewhere it works!

These graphics come from Dion Hincliffe's site, definitely worth a visit for some background and comment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails